The software has been available for iPhone users since May, and was updated with iPad support afterward. Android users who want some AI-infused help can now snag the official ChatGPT app for their phones and tablets. Following news on Friday that OpenAI’s ChatGPT app would arrive for Android this week, the program landed in the Google Play store today, free to use just like the iOS edition. Axel is a London-based Senior Staff Writer at TechRadar, reporting on everything from the latest Apple developments to newest movies as part of the site’s daily news output. In the ChatGPT iOS app, controls are pretty much limited to launching a new chat, signing out and deleting your account – there’s no option to set a reminder on your iPhone, for instance.
More from Tom’s Guide
You can also follow PCguide.com on our social channels and interact with the team there. You can now find the OpenAI ChatGPT app in the Apple App digital thermometer phone app Store or via OpenAI’s App page. The app brings the functionality of the ChatGPT application into the iOS ecosystem, making it even easier to use.
Gone are the days scouring the internet for obscure pieces of information, chat gpt can find it for you with 2 or 3 prompts. My only complaint with the interface is the history tab at the top right. I actually prefer the conversation tabs on the left in the web app but I understand it would make the app kind of clunky especially on mobile since the screen size is smaller.
Can ChatGPT replace Siri on your iPhone?
However, its arrival feels more like a demo than anything, offering the same features but watered down in an apparent effort to get users over on the Edge browser. The ChatGPT Android app can also provide creative inspiration, professional input, and learning opportunities. Since the release of ChatGPT, we’ve heard from users that they love using ChatGPT on the go. Additional countries have already started getting access as well. Scroll to the end of this article to see a full list of eligible countries. ChatGPT is officially getting an iOS app, ending the need to speculate over whether that App Store app promising you ChatGPT access is legit or malware.
- As promised, the company has released a ChatGPT app for Android.
- For reference I’m a software engineering student while working in IT full time.
- You can also follow PCguide.com on our social channels and interact with the team there.
- That means you get a limited number of chats for free and then have to shell out money for a subscription if you want more.
The move comes about two months after the company launched the ChatGPT iOS app — the first time the tool was available beyond the ChatGPT website. Users at the time were begging for an app alternative, but now, data from Sensor Tower and Similarweb data shows that web traffic and app installations dropped in June, the Verge reported. Although there wasn’t initially an official ChatGPT app, OpenAI introduced the iOS ChatGPT app on May 18th.
Introducing the ChatGPT app for iOS
As promised, the company has released a ChatGPT app for Android. Like the iOS version, you can talk to the generative AI to get advice, answers and other (hopefully) helpful responses. You can make voice requests using OpenAI’s in-house speech recognition, sync your chat history across devices and export data — you’ll mainly miss out on plugins. OpenAI’s ChatGPT standalone app for Android has arrived on the Google Play Store. You can now access a free and official version of ChatGPT on the best iPhones, with data history synced across devices (so you can see your ChatGPT interactions on both the web and iOS).
- With the ChatGPT app for iOS, we’re taking another step towards our mission by transforming state-of-the-art research into useful tools that empower people, while continuously making them more accessible.
- Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
- The experience is similar across all those platforms, though the Android app sprinkles in a couple of bonus features just like the iOS flavor.
- To access a previous chat, just tap the hamburger icon at the top and select History.
In conclusion, while the app has its share of login issues, it still holds promise. I’m optimistic that with some updates and improvements, it can provide an even better user experience. I look forward to seeing future enhancements and continued growth of the app. Malcolm McMillan is a staff writer for Tom’s Guide, writing about the latest in tech, gaming and entertainment with a particular focus on artificial intelligence (AI) and AI-based tools like ChatGPT.
Does ChatGPT have an official app?
The experience is similar across all those platforms, though the Android app sprinkles in a couple of bonus features just like the iOS flavor. First thing’s first, to download ChatGPT on iPhone, you’ll need your device to be running iOS 16.1 or later. To check your phone’s software level, head to Settings, General and Software Update. Alternatively, read our guide on how to update your iPhone to iOS 16. In this article, we explain how to download ChatGPT on iPhone.
- And by using a few of the best ChatGPT tips like being specific with your prompts and teaching it your writing style, you’ll be a ChatGPT power user in no time.
- We’re starting our rollout in the US and will expand to additional countries in the coming weeks.
- This makes it well suited for a range of NLP tasks, such as question-answering, text summarization, and language translations.
- Jasper AI is a popular alternative to ChatGPT which uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 software.
- The developer, OpenAI, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Hit ‘Get’ as you would any other iPhone app, and you’re ready to start chatting. ChatGPT for iOS is also integrated with Whisper – OpenAI’s open source speech recognition system – so you’ll be able to use your voice to get answers, too. The app keeps track of all your chats on the website and across your mobile devices. To access a previous chat, just tap the hamburger icon at the top and select History. You’re able to browse through your past chats or search for a specific one by keyword. Similar to ChatGPT, you can chat with the AI bot, asking it any question your heart desires but discreetly within WhatsApp.
Subscribe to the Engadget Deals Newsletter
The app means you can use the functionality of ChatGPT in a fully supported app, and enjoy easier access from your iPhone, without the need to travel to tye OpenAI site in your browser. We’d say it’s one of the best ChatGPT alternatives on the market today for writers, and its ‘starter’ plan for the service provides a 5-day free trial and costs $24 per month. Be sure to read our Jasper AI review for more information. With the official ChatGPT on Android, you can get quick access to some of the latest generative AI features. Siri is correctly described in that NYT report as “clunky” and lacking “basic features” – however, in our view, ChatGPT for iPhone isn’t a good enough replacement for Apple’s voice assistant just yet. Our mission is to provide you with great editorial and essential information to make your PC an integral part of your life.
- The company powers the Bing AI chatbot which has been an app available on Android for months.
- You’re able to browse through your past chats or search for a specific one by keyword.
- ChatGPT is officially getting an iOS app, ending the need to speculate over whether that App Store app promising you ChatGPT access is legit or malware.
- In terms of which is best overall, it makes sense to opt for the official iOS ChatGPT app from Open AI.
- With a more reliable login system, this app has the potential to become a top-tier platform.
OpenAI says the app “will expand to additional countries in the coming weeks”. The standalone Android app is free and is said to sync your chat history with the AI bot across devices you wireless bbq thermometer with app may use. Additionally, the app brings OpenAI’s latest model improvements, likely the GPT-4 language model, as well. On its site, OpenAI announced its official ChatGPT for iOS app.
ChatGPT has an Android app now
It was frustrating to have to re-enter my login information repeatedly, disrupting my usage. Despite these issues, I must say that once I managed to log in successfully, the app itself was fantastic. It offers a wide range of features and a sleek user interface that is visually appealing. The content available on the platform is diverse and engaging, keeping me entertained for hours. I do hope the developers take note of the login challenges and work on improving this aspect of the app. With a more reliable login system, this app has the potential to become a top-tier platform.
- Axel is a London-based Senior Staff Writer at TechRadar, reporting on everything from the latest Apple developments to newest movies as part of the site’s daily news output.
- OpenAI’s official mobile apps are fully free, so you can keep chatting throughout the day without having to cough up more cash.
- If you are interested in creating your own application, developers can access and use the GPT-3 model through OpenAI’s cloud-based API.
- The move comes about two months after the company launched the ChatGPT iOS app — the first time the tool was available beyond the ChatGPT website.
I’ve been a user since it’s initial roll out and have been waiting for a mobile application ever since using the web app. For reference I’m a software engineering student while working in IT full time. Typically chat gpt can find the answer in a fraction of a second that google can. But to have the ability to get quick information on my phone like I can in the web browser I’m super excited about and have already been using the mobile app since download constantly. And I’m excited for the future of this program becoming more accurate and it seems to be getting more and more precise with every roll out.
How to download ChatGPT on iPhone
Microsoft’s new AI search engine is powered by OpenAI’s architecture. The upgraded version of Bing features a new AI search assistant which can be used to answer your specific questions, scouring the internet so you don’t have to. Jasper AI is a popular alternative to ChatGPT which uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 software. It is an artificial intelligence copywriter which can help you with anything from creative writing to creating a blog post and content creation in line with the topics and information you provide it. Its capabilities don’t stop there though, as it can also help with grammar too.
- It took me a few attempts to successfully log in, as the app didn’t always recognize my credentials right away.
- Just tap the microphone icon in the Message field, dictate your question or request, and then tap the circle when you’re done.
- Apple is also working on an AI chatbot, according to reporting from Bloomberg.
- The app could make ChatGPT more accessible, particularly in countries where Android dominates or PCs are less common.
- You can converse with the AI assistant for free straight from your iPhone.
- On its site, OpenAI announced its official ChatGPT for iOS app.
As we gather user feedback, we’re committed to continuous feature and safety improvements for ChatGPT. Fake ChatGPT apps are rampant and can do anything from try and scam you to pay for free features or put malware on your phone. So make sure to only download the official OpenAI ChatGPT app.
The official ChatGPT app for Android finally launches
The app is available for download in the U.S., India, Bangladesh and Brazil, but OpenAI said in a tweet that it has plans to expand the rollout to more countries over the next week. In case you have somehow been offline for the past six months (congratulations), ChatGPT is an online artificial intelligence chatbot created by OpenAI in December 2022. Up until recently, it was only available via the website. OpenAI’s teaser for the Android launch was a welcome one since users on such devices would have to settle for using the AI chatbot via a browser or PC. Meanwhile, the company released its standalone on iOS first back in May before stating that Android would be next to receive it at a later date. We’re starting our rollout in the US and will expand to additional countries in the coming weeks.
This mobile app has a monthly subscription of $16, giving you up to 500 conversations a month. Currently, there are a bunch of apps that use this GPT-3 architecture. Some already have Android apps, but all will answer your queries from any mobile device via browser, in real-time and with nothing to download. But, when it comes to which gpt chat app is best, it really depends on how you plan to use it.
Countries with access to the ChatGPT iOS app
Alternatively, just follow this link to the official ChatGPT iOS app. You’re looking for the app with the black and white ChatGPT logo (see below). That said, ChatGPT’s Android app highlights Google’s lack of interest in creating a standalone Bard app. Instead of going down that route, the company has been busy wrapping generative AI services and features into many of its current apps, such as Docs and Gmail. ChatGPT’s app for Android comes a day after it Bing AI landed on Google Chrome.
- I recently downloaded the app and overall, it’s a great platform with excellent potential.
- I’m optimistic that with some updates and improvements, it can provide an even better user experience.
- Up until recently, it was only available via the website.
Luckily, we have done all the hard work for you and picked the best apps for different use cases below. I recently downloaded the app and overall, it’s a great platform with excellent potential. However, I did encounter a couple of issues with logging in that I feel need to be addressed. It took me a few attempts to successfully log in, as the app didn’t always recognize my credentials right away. This could be improved by streamlining the login flow and ensuring a smoother user experience. Secondly, the app occasionally experienced login glitches, where it would unexpectedly log me out without any apparent reason.